Next: About this document
MA 1004 D-95 Sample Exam 1
Show your work in the space provided. Unsupported answers may not
receive full credit. Use the backs of the pages if needed. (In the
real exam, there will be plenty of space for your work.)
- Sketch a graph of the image curve of the vector-valued function
for . On your
sketch, clearly identify the points corresponding to t = -1 and
See the sketch on the bulletin board opposite SH 105A.
- Suppose a position function for a particle is given by .
- Compute the velocity of the particle.
- Compute the speed of the particle.
- Compute the acceleration of the particle.
- Find all values of t for which the velocity is perpendicular
to the acceleration.
so the only value of t where is t=0
- Determine whether the following equation is generally true.
Hint - if you can find a simple vector valued function for which the
equation is not true, then the equation is not true in general.
- If ,
compute the following definite integral.
- Set up, but do not evaluate, an integral giving total distance
traveled (i.e.the arc-length) between t=0 and t=10 for the
position function .
- Compute the unit tangent vector corresponding to the position
- Compute the curvature of
- If is a two-dimensional
vector valued function with component functions and ,
show the the curvature is given by
William W. Farr
Fri Apr 7 13:26:21 EDT 1995