Next: About this document
MA 1004 D-95 Sample Exam 1 (with answers)
Show your work in the space provided. Unsupported answers may not
receive full credit. Use the backs of the pages if needed. (On the
real exam, there will be plenty of space for your work.)
- If P is the point and Q is the point
, find the vector .
- If and compute the following
- Determine whether the two vectors and
are perpendicular. Explain your answer.
Since and the two vectors are non-zero,
they must be perpendicular.
- If and , find ,
the vector component of in the direction of .
- Use the properties of the dot and cross products to show that
the following vector identity is true.
since the dot product is distributive. Now,
- Find a vector parametric equation for the line through the
point with direction vector .
- Find an equation of the form Ax+By+Cz+D=0 for the
plane through the three points , , and .
William W. Farr
Wed Mar 29 16:22:17 EST 1995