The parts of the course
The following points describe the policies regarding the overall grading procedure in the course.
- There will be two major exams (midterm and final) held at the lecture sessions, several weekly quizzes at the conference sessions (10 min, 1-2 problems), and 2 projects completed at home.
- Homework assignments will be collected weekly during your conference session. Homework may be submitted either individually or on a team basis. A group of 2 students may submit one joint homework; in this case, both participants will be credited equ
ally. Quizzes and tests are done individually.
- Projects will be collected at the lecture sessions. The due dates are September 25 (Project 1) and October 16 (Project 2). A group of 2 students may submit one joint project in which case both participants will be credited equally.
- No books or lecture notes will be allowed at both major exams. Instead, you are encouraged to use handwritten worksheets (no photocopies) containing the necessary rules and formulas specially prepared for each test.
- Lab work will be organized on a team basis. One lab report will be submitted by a team of 1-3 students. You should form these teams at the first lab session.
- Grading will be carried out according to the following criteria:
Final grades will be determined as follows:
- There will be no late submission of the homework or projects and no make up unless you provide a written note from your doctor confirming an illness.
Back to the top
Created by Henry Fink
Last updated: Sunday, September 28, 1997