Next: About this document ...
Previous: Higher Order Derivatives
- Given the function:
- Enter as a function
- Plot the function on the interval
- Find the fifth order derivative using the D command.
- Find the fifth order derivative using the diff command.
- Plot the second derivative. About where does the second derivative graph cross the x-axis? Knowing that the second derivative represents concavity explain why your second derivative plot makes sense in conjunction with the plot of the original function.
- A ball is thrown upward and its distance in feet is given as a function of seconds.
- Enter the function
- What is the initial velocity of the ball?
- When will the ball reach its maximum height?
- What is the highest point?
- What is the acceleration at any time?
Jane E Bouchard