Here is a list of the Maple functions we will be using from this
package. Note that these functions form only a small subset of the
package, which is designed primarily for linear algebra. Examples for
some of the commands are given below, more examples can be found in the
help screens for each command.
We have already used these commands with vectors. The first set of
examples below illustrates how to define vector-valued functions and
how to use the commands from the linalg package.
- Used to define a vector or vector-valued function.
- Adds two vectors or vector-valued functions together.
- Multiplies a vector or a vector-valued function by a scalar.
- Computes the dot product of two vectors or
- Computes the cross product of two vectorsor
- Evaluates expressions involving vectors or vector-valued
Sean O Anderson
Wed Mar 20 12:45:49 EST 1996